Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sectional throwing

Early in the week I threw a few big pots using sectional throwing. It's fun but it requires a little patience. The base needs to stiffen enough to throw the second section, so basically it's throwing bases one day, then adding the second section the next. Patience.
Apart from that little bit of throwing this week has been mostly about cleaning. I was hoping to glaze but the garage needed to be organized. Then that spilled over into cleaning my studio space too. Not quite done with the studio, but when I am it will be nice to have a clear work space. Especially since I'll have an "apprentice" ext week. Hubby's niece is coming out from MN for a 2 week visit and I promised to put her to work. ;) Throwing lessons, yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment