Friday, October 11, 2013

Mermaid, owl and skull mugs

Here are the results from last week's silkscreen and underglaze experiment. The colors really change from "raw" to fired....
Here's the mermaid in navy blue waves with the rim glazed in sky blue.  

The terracotta background almost completely burned out on the owl nug.

And here's my favorite of the "Skully" mugs I made for Halloween. 
The iron oxide burned out more than I would have liked. Next time I'll have to wax over the oxide to preserve its dark color. I'll see how these guys do at Balboa Park tomorrow! I might have to go back and add some detail with underglaze and a refire...

(Yeah, I decided I can't put the others out there without a refire.
So I  just put 4 in the little kiln and hopefully they'll be ready for tomorrow.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment